Nothing is better at our house on a cold winters day than my gluten free quinoa chicken soup. I pack this soup with as much nutrition as I can, to fight the flu in cold season and keep my family healthy all year long. Even if you’ve never made homemade soup before, you will love how quick and easy this recipe is.
One of the things that makes this soup special is my own home made chicken bone broth. My son and I are both celiac, so this adds an extra punch of nutrition. You can add store bought chicken broth if you don’t have time to make your own. of course, it’s always best to try to buy organic, so you’re not putting toxins in your tonic.
The other special ingredient I add to my quinoa chicken soup is sweet potatoes. This adds a rich, unique flavor to the soup. You can substitute white potatoes if you would like. Scroll down the page for the printed recipe.
Kitchen Products To Help You Get Started
Buy me a cup of coffee? By purchasing one of our products you help me to keep serving up delicious recipes
Blueberry Muffin Recipe Binder
Green Modern Swirl Mug
Brocade Purple Bow Baking Stickers
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 sliced carrots
- 2 sliced celery
- 2 tbls olive oil
- 2 cups chopped chicken
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 sliced sweet potato
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 can organic beans
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 32 ounces chicken broth
- Saute onion, carrot and celery in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until onion is transparent in large sauce pan. Remove from pan
- Saute chicken, garlic and mushrooms in 1 tablespoon of olive oil in same pan.
- Rinse 1/2 cup of quinoa in cold water add to large sauce pan
- Add gluten free chicken broth and rest of vegetables to pan
- Heat on high to boiling then reduce heat to simmer
- Simmer for 1 hour or until cooked
- Dress up your soup by adding different ingredients.
- Try adding shallots or leeks.
- Wine or gluten free beer.
- Add exotic spices for a more spicy soup
- Switch out the meat and add beans for different flavor combinations