I’ll admit it I ate way too many of these chocolate dipped lemon shortbread cookies. Be warned they are addictive. These gluten free cookies have a fantastic texture that just melts in your mouth. Yes they are a little more work but well worth it. Make them for Valentines Day or anytime you need a dessert that will impress.
A few tips to make things easier; Leave yourself extra time for making these cookies as they need to be chilled for at least an hour before cutting and baking. Alternately, you can chill them over night in the fridge, and bake them the next day.
Use parchment paper to line your baking pans. Parchment paper makes removing the cookies a breeze and clean up a cinch.
I used my all purpose flour blend in this recipe but if you have a favorite flour mix go ahead and use it. This may however change the texture and taste of the cookies so I’ve included the recipe for the flour blend as well.
The chocolate dipped lemon shortbread gluten free cookies store extremely well in the freezer if you want to prepare them ahead of time or just store some for a later treat.
I hope you enjoyed our newest recipe. Stay tuned for our “100 Best Chocolate Lovers Valentines Day Recipe Roundup” coming soon!
Buy me a cup of coffee? By purchasing one of our products you help me to keep serving up delicious recipes
Pinstripe Flourish Baking Stickers
Vintage Scroll Name Mug
Vintage Chalkboard Favorite Recipe Binder
Chocolate Dipped Lemon Shortbread
- Cream butter, sugar, vanilla and lemon juice together in large bowl with electric mixer.
- Mix together flour, xantham gum, salt, and lemon rind in small bowl
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture mixing until soft dough is formed.
- Drop dough by tablespoons across a sheet of plastic wrap. Fold plastic wrap over dough and form a 1 inch log by rolling back and forth on counter top. Close ends of plastic wrap and flatten ends.
- Chill dough for one hour or overnight in fridge.
- Preheat oven to 350
- Place parchment paper in pans or spray with cooking oil
- Unroll plastic wrap from dough and using a sharp knife slice thin slices of dough and place cookie dough rounds 1 inch apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake in center of oven 12 to 14 minutes
- Do not brown cookies! Cookies should be light & golden in color.
- Cool completely.
- Melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips in microwave until melted about 1 minute. Stir
- Dip cookies in chocolate and lay on parchment lined cooke sheets
- Sprinkle with coconut or your choice of sprinkles.
- Place cookie sheet in fridge or freezer to help chocolate harden.
- Store cookies in an airtight container in fridge or freezer for best results.
- Apx 2 dozen cookies